Ten Goals

 last week:

Faith and Family

> continue with family game/movie night  We popped some popcorn and watched Yogi Bear, which we borrowed from the library.
> institute a family activity on the weekend - something active like hiking, sledding, etc. I had a chicken program this past weekend - Husband and Daughter wated a movie together and played for a while. :)
> read One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp This book is really resonating with me.  I have not finished it yet, but I've made good progress.  I want to take my time, not miss a thing!  I would recommend it to anyone who yearns for more personal connection to God and all that He provides.
> look for a children's or family devotional to do with my daughter each day  Still searching - any suggestions?

House and Home
> shell one 2 quart bowl of pecans finally!  I did it! :)
> dust the ceiling fans and light fixtures  done!
> clean the adhesive off the garage siding, near the windows
> plan menu based on items on hand to reduce pantry and save money  done - it will post on Monday!
> work at least two rows per day on afghan for bedroom  I haven't worked every single day, but I have made a little more progress!
> Stay home more - limit errands to Wednesday (town) and Friday (city).  These ended up being different days than I thought they'd be, but we limited our 'out' days to just two - yay!!!

Personal and Health
> add information to one tab on this blog I don't have photos up yet, but I've added some stuff to the Home tab. 
> incorporate photos into my blogging  I'm happy with how this is going - what do you think?
> drink four (16oz.) glasses of water per day
> continue to use book The Solution to work out healthier lifestyle plan
> go for a long walk where I can get active and spend some time with God
> make some free time each day to rejuvinate
> 7+ hours of sleep per night

And now I've decided to limit the number of goals I'm chasing per week. Ten seems like a good number, especially for a gal with a blog named TenThingsFarm!


Faith and Family
1.  Continue to read One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp
2.  Continue to look for a children's or family devotional to do with my daughter each day
3.  Begin my own list of One Thousand Gifts

House and Home
4.  Shell one 2 quart bowl of pecans
5.  Clean the adhesive off the garage siding, near the windows
6.  Work at least two rows per day on afghan for bedroom
7.  Clean bathroom window, inside and out

Personal and Health
8.  Drink four (16oz.) glasses of water per day
9.  Continue to use book The Solution to work out healthier lifestyle plan
10. Go for a long walk where I can get active and spend some time with God

Does setting goals help you get things accomplished?  What are your current goals?
Shared at:











Comments

Dee said…
This week I made homemade hamburger buns. Even ground the wheat myself. Unplugged all appliances that are not in use. Made breakfast from the leftover buns added eggs and bacon. DH is a big meat eater. He was raised on a ranch and has been this eay all his life. Dryed clothers on drying racks. DH said to go get my car detailed grandkids were hard on the back seat. D-I-L borrowed it for a few weeks when hers was broke down. I cleaned it myself spent one hour and 45 minutes and saved $ 32 that is a pretty good wage . Planted bulbs a friend bought for me she found them on sale for 2cents a bag yep that is right they had started to bud.She spent .26 and I had about 100 bulbs . My yard should be very nice come spring. She said since she spent so much lol it had to be my b-day present.
Have been trying very hard to watch our money. This is a bit of a challenge since my DH has a good job and says he will live poor when he is poor. He loves it that I am so frugal but sometimes I feel like a rain drop in a puddle of water. So will keep trying to work on him. All the new taxes coming out my change his mind ! Thanks for doing this blog I really enjoy reading all your accomplishments and the photos are great.
Cathy said…
I don't really have weekly goals but I have To-Do lists. In fact, this weekend I started a separate list for Home, Hobbies, and ME!

Like you, I am trying to drink more water. I have to stop drinking diet soda!

I am curious about The Solution. What is it and who is the author? You always give me great ideas. I'm about to check out the other book you are reading now also!

Laura said…
Thanks, Dee - sounds like you got some great deals and your yard is going to be so pretty!

Cathy, The Solution is by Laurel Mellin. She has much newer books, but I prefer this one because it's specific to the problem I'm trying to solve (overweight), and for some reason, I find it easier to follow...maybe just because I'm more familiar with it.

I end up with to-do lists too, in spite of myself. Things come up and have to be done, but they will fly right out of my brain if I don't put them on paper!

Popular Posts