Thursday, January 14, 2010

Later, Dudes

A while back I mentioned that we were overstocked with roosters. I finally got around to posting some photos on craigslist:

Photobucket

Photobucket

We do sometimes raise our own chickens for eating, but it has been so cold that I have not wanted to send these two to 'freezer camp'. Then, it was so warm and pretty and nice outside, and I didn't want to spend those limited lovely winter days butchering these two yahoos.

So, I sold them, without regret, and Parrot can rule our roost! Well, unless Penguin decides she's in charge. More on that soon!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ever see Cold Mountain? "Put that rooster in a pot!" ;)


Steph

tenthingsfarm said...

Never seen it, but I do agree. Still, I have no regrets, because this little warm spell, outside with Little Bit enjoying the sunshine has been completely worth it.

klutzymama said...

Those are some nice looking roosters!
I don't know if you read my reply to your comment on my blog, but after I posted it, I realized that it didn't come out the way I wanted it to at all, so I put another reply. I was talking about the quote from your book, not about you saying that you don't have anything to write about!!! Just wanted to make sure I didn't offend you!!! :-D

Prairie Farmstead Ponderings said...

Whew! I was so relieved to do a quick scan and see the word "Craigslist!" Heehee!

Abigail thinks she's ready to show those chick-chicks what's what again...

tenthingsfarm said...

Hee, Klutzymama - I'm to dense to be offended for the most part!

Farmer J, we'd love for Abigail to come tame our flock again. They're still talking about her visit..and smiling. ;)

Kendra at New Life On A Homestead said...

Great photos! I can never get a good shot of my chickens. Guess they're camera shy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails