Do you remember Parrot?

Remember when I posted about that silly little hen that would fly up and perch on my shoulder all the time?

Photobucket

Cute little thing, eh? Sweet too. Parrot became a favorite, of course. I don't like to play favorites in the henhouse, but sometimes a particular chicken just wins you over. Just...don't tell the other chickens.

Anyway...Parrot is all grown up now, and pretty as can be. Still sweet, but not inclined to hop up on my shoulder anymore. Hasn't done it in about three weeks or so.

Oh, and my favorite little hen - is a dude. So is his litter-mate. (Litter mate? Flock mate? What do you call two birds that came out of the incubator at the same time?)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have 17 birds total. One totally adult rooster, and now these two boys. I still have three chicklets that we hatched late in the Fall, too. Wouldn't it be just the luck that they're roos too? We incubated birds in summer and fall so they would be mature enough to lay eggs in Spring. I knew that roosters were a possibility, but 2 for 2, and counting?

We may have to change our name to Ten Roosters Farm. Not really. We can't keep that many roosters with so few hens. Something will have to be done. sigh.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yum Yum! ;)
Laura said…
Probably. The first thing Little Bit asked me was, 'Are you going to make Rooster Stewster?'
Anonymous said…
Birds of a feather????LOL!!!!
Love and God bless,
Helen

Popular Posts