Meals for the week of 1/25

It's a cold and frosty day, perfect for planning next week's menu!  We have continued to have lunch as our heavier meal, and while that has some benefits, we are finding we're all getting a little...snacky...in the evenings.  I think I need to either do a better job of keeping some fruits, vegetables and salad items prepped, or we may go back to supper as our main meal.  If that's the case, I will need to be more mindful about portions.  I have been sleeping much better with lighter meals at night, so we may just need to plan lighter meals?  We'll figure it out, I'm sure.  

Made a little sushi last weekend, and had some for breakfast one morning.

My work schedule has changed, and Sunday/Monday is my weekend now.  We have a couple of meatless meals this week, and a couple that are low-meat.  Here's this week's plan:

M.  chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes, green beans, oranges

T.   vegan chicken nuggets, oven fries, raw vegetable tray, grapes

W.  chili and rice, oranges

R.  ham fried rice with vegetables, grapes

F.  chicken-pepperoni pasta bowls with peppers, onions and olives, garden salad, oranges

S.  tostadas, lettuce and tomato, 'burrito rice' side dish, fresh fruit

S.  grilled hamburger salads, oranges

We have a lot of my fresh favorites on hand right now - cauliflower, cucumbers, oranges, grapes, and celery.  We have other produce too - those are just the ones I most enjoy for snacking.  My sweetie made some baked tortilla chips, so chips and salsa are another option.  We're looking forward to a tasty week.  What's on the menu for you this week?  

Comments

Popular Posts