Meal Planning, First Week of January

Oh, hey!  I'm kind of excited about some changes we're making to our menu plan...specifically, timing!  Let me explain...

When our area went into (Covid-related) shut-down back in March of 2019, all three of us were home all the time.  We shifted to a routine where our main meal of the day was lunch, and supper was lighter and more free-form.  I liked that pattern - a lot.  I think I slept better, and there was more time to work on a project, watch a show, etc.  My suppers were things like some apple slices with peanut butter, or some crackers and cheese, or a bowl of cereal.  It was nice!  

Zucchini soup from a lunch last week. 
I make and freeze this soup each summer with zucchini from our garden.


I'm working outside the home now 3 1/2 days each week (I work from home 1/1/2 days a week), but the rest of the family is still home all the time.  We are going to revisit this "big lunch" pattern and see if it still works.  They'll have lunch as their main meal and then pack up a portion for me for the next day's lunch, on the days I'm not here to eat with them.  I have a 1 hour lunch break at work, so this will work fine - I'll still have time to walk (I walk a 1 mile loop during my lunch break to get some fresh air and de-stress.)  I am home during lunch time on Mondays and Tuesdays (unless something comes up at work).  Here is this week's plan!

M- black bean patties, Mexican rice, curtido, fruit salad

T - turkey burgers, oven fries, raw vegetables/ranch, fruit salad

W - tacos, curtido, oranges (I might do a burrito or taco salad with the ingredients, since tacos don't pack/travel quite as well)

R - chicken/vegetable stir fry with rice, kimchi, apples

F - southern beans, cornbread, raw vegetables/ranch, oranges

S - pizza, raw vegetables/ranch, frozen corn, pear

S - chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, green beans, oranges or mango (depending on whether or not the mango is ready)

There is some frozen fruit that I'd like to get used up, and I have fresh fruit, granola, and nuts on hand, so there might be some smoothie bowls at breakfast or in the evening There are fresh vegetables washed and prepped for snacking and meals, and I packed up some walnuts and dried figs for my afternoon snacks at work (and at home!).  This should be a fairly easy, tasty, affordable week.  What are you having?

Comments

Popular Posts