Ten Goals


I am learning the real value of setting goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Reasonable and Time-Sensitive....SMART!  I've also figured out that limiting myself to a certain number of goals for a given week helps me focus on what needs to be done.  Here is my progress from last week:


Faith and Family

1. Continue to read One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp
2. Continue my list of One Thousand Gifts
3. Begin a prayer journal.

House and Home
4. Shell 1 quart pecans
5. Continue to work on afghan for our bedroom, averaging 2 rows per day
6. Clean the adhesive off the garage siding, near the windows (weather permitting)  I'm still trying to find the right solvent to get this done...something I heard earlier this week just might work!  I have a pretty long list of things that didn't, hee hee.
7. Clean up/organize craft room so that it's more use-able

Personal and Health
8. Continue to increase daily water intake toward 4 (16 oz) glasses a day. I'm almost there, folks...and reaching for water is becoming more and more of a habit.  Progress, not perfection!
9. Walk 15 minutes a day on the treadmill, or take a 15 minute walk outside, or swim - 5 days a week.
10. Work on making better breakfast choices - a protein smoothie 3x a week, etc.  This one was a mixed bag - some mornings my choices were great, and other mornings, well....there was left over dump cake.  At least it has fruit in it!


These are my goals for this week:

Faith and Family
1. Continue to read One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp
2. Continue my list of One Thousand Gifts
3. Continue with prayer journal.

House and Home
4. Shell 1 quart pecans
5. Continue to work on afghan for our bedroom, averaging 2 rows per day
6. Clean the adhesive off the garage siding, near the windows (weather permitting)
7. Wash the outside of the bathroom window, wash the window shade in the bathroom

Personal and Health
8. Continue to increase daily water intake toward 4 glasses a day.
9. Exercise 15 minutes a day for 3 days, and 20 minutes a day for two days.
10. Continue with better food choices and limit snacking to once in the afternoon.

Are you working on any goals?  What's on your list?

Comments

Paula said…
I like your SMART goals. Something I should try. I always set such unrealisitc goals that I give up almost before I finish listing them.
Laura said…
Paula, it took me a long time (and encouragement from other bloggers, friends, etc.) to figure out that it's better to put a small goal like washing the bathroom window (which I can actually get done) rather than having the goal to wash all the windows in the house. That said, sometimes I get started and I end up doing more than I intended, but then it feels like bonus! I really feel more accomplished jetting small goals that allow me to do what is really important to me - spend time with my family, spend time in prayer, homeschool my daughter, be there for friends...give it a try and let me know if you like it!

Best,
-Laura

Popular Posts