Is it Wednesday already? What'cha Workin' On?

Apologies for the lack of posts of late - I've been having some computer issues that seem to be better? Hope so. :)

Since last time we visited, I took these two
Photobucket

and made this blanket.
Photobucket

It was really pretty easy! Three sides are just snipped and tied. I sewed the two pieces together along the top because the flowers along the top were really close to the edge. If I had snipped that side, then we would have lost the flowers. I pinned them right sides together (I think - it's hard to tell right sides on fleece!) and sewed, then trimmed them with pinking shears.
Photobucket

I used the hem gauge to measure, and I started the seam far enough in that the fringe wouldn't be sewn together.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Because I don't really sew, I'm especially proud of little things like this: I put yellow thread in the bobbin and white thread through the needle, so that the yellow side got yellow thread and the white side got white thread. That's probably standard for people who know what they are doing - I'm just happy to have completed an entire sewing project without the use of staples or duct tape.
Photobucket

OK, so after sewing that one seam, I flipped the sides over, smoothed everything out and commenced to cutting fringe. I even made a template!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the corners where two fringed edges meet, you take out a square.
Photobucket

This is what those corners look like tied.
Photobucket

Yay! Even up close, it looks like I knew what I was doing. (I had no idea.)
Photobucket

These two pieces of fleece are just part of the pile I brought home from quilt group - so this blanket, along with any others I get made - will be given to families in need.
Photobucket

I also brought home a top/batt/backing that are pinned together. It's really cute - some of the fabric has a sleeping kitty and says, "I made myself this quilt, but my cat thinks it's hers." I'm supposed to quilt(sew) them, but right now I'm feeling a bit chicken. Maybe if I get a couple more of the fleece blankets completed I'll feel more confident. :)

So...what are you doing these days? Leave a link to your blog, or leave a comment if you prefer. Remember that your link needs to go directly to your blog post (not just your front page, or the next time you post we will have to hunt for your work), and please, keep it family-friendly. I can't wait to see what y'all have been up to!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very very cute!
Anonymous said…
Hi, DD

Very nice!!! Fleece is so rewarding to work with because it doesn't ravel like woven cloth. I gave up trying to decide which side was right or wrong on the solids. You're doing fine. Remember the jeans you "hemmed" way back when?

I won't go into detail. Ha, Ha

Dad left about 8 am for Ind. At last, blessed quiet!!.

Keep up the good work.

Love, Granny Ladybug
Unknown said…
Love the blankets!! My kiddos have a couple that their auntie Lora made that they still treasure.

What am I working on? Actual work today I'm afraid... but, my living re-do occupied most of my time the last couple of days. :)
those are really pretty, what size are you making them?

Gill

word verification: blesesse
That material is gorgeous!!! Love it and I love those blankets. So soft, warm and wonderful. Thanks for linking it up to somedaycrafts.blogspot.com for Whatever Goes Wednesday!!!
Awwww, that is just adorable. It makes me want to snuggle with a tiny little bundle in the warm spring sun ~ just listening to the birds singing and those precious little noises only babies can make!

Popular Posts