The grocery challenge began today!

I don't know why, but I thought it started on the 17th. (duh!) No matter, we barely left the house, and mostly ate leftovers today. If you want the exciting details of leftover broccoli salad and dobash cake - head on over to my grocery challenge blog!

Today we were mostly home working on projects. I went to the bookmobile to return a few items, but it wasn't there! So I put my stuff in the drop box, sold a few dozen eggs at the bank, then came on home.

A friend dropped by today, and it was so lovely to see her. We visited a bit, and then walked around the garden looking at plants and visiting. She's such a sweetie.

Little Bit swam in her kiddie pool today. I put it right next to the quinoa/amaranth patch, under a shade tree. First I bathed Molly in a washtub, then while Molly raced around the yard getting rid of the pent up energy from sitting still for her bath, I weeded the amaranth and mulched it. By then, Little Bit was ready to go in.

I also hung out laundry today, before the storms came. Late afternoon we put up baseboards in our bedroom and the cove moulding in Kitten's room. Both of them have been stained, varnished, and waiting in the basement for a long, long time, so it was good to finally get them installed. It was a good, busy, frugal day.

Tomorrow we're supposed to go fishing, so I've made sandwiches and gathered stuff. Chick-Fil-A is giving away chicken biscuits in the morning, so we're getting those at the drive through. That way we can have breakfast on the way up to the mountains. I'll take along juice, milk and cherries from our tree to round out the meal.

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Comments

stacey said…
this sounds so peaceful! have fun fishing!

Popular Posts