Dinner Menu, as March Turns to April!

We had baked potatoes (topped with various leftovers) and side salads
for supper one night last week.  Yum! 

Oh, hello!  I hope wherever you are, you are well.  We're starting to see hints of spring - the crocus are starting to bloom, the robins are back, and I found some volunteer lettuce sprouting in the garden.  It's still pretty cold, and we'll likely still get some snow.  Our menu reflects that it's getting warmer, but we can still do some soups and stews.  Here's the plan:

T.  beef-vegetable curry, rice, oranges

W. tacos, apples

R. lentil stew, homemade sourdough bread (if it's edible, I'm still learning!), oranges

F. Mexican style bean croquettes, burrito rice with corn, lettuce and tomato, cheese, salsa, sour cream, fresh fruit

S. pizza, fresh vegetables, apples

S. Easter dinner - roast turkey breast, roast vegetables with herbs (potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, etc.), deviled eggs, green beans, fruit salad, viennetta ice cream dessert...and Easter candy through the day. 

M. turkey panini, chips, pickles, carrot-apple salad

Our teen is beginning to show an interest in baking, and made this
cherry-filled coffeecake from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook!

I have a short work week.  I'm taking leave Tuesday, and my employer is giving me Saturday off because it's the day after my second vaccine.  (They are doing that for all staff who are being vaccinated, so that if we have impact from side-effects, we are able to recuperate some.)  For the days I am at work, I'm thinking of making white bean dip to eat with carrots, celery, and crackers, along with some zucchini soup from my freezer.  Simple, tasty, and warm if it's a cold day.

Have you planned your menu for the week?  What are you making?


Comments

Sharon Schulze said…
That coffee cake looks delicious! I remember making something similar back in the day; it was yummy!

I've been winging it lately for meals, and have come up with some tasty "concoctions" (as my husband calls them). Our temperatures have been all over the place lately, giving me the perfect excuse to bring some warm-weather foods back to the table.

We're getting our second shots Saturday evening, so I'll make a big pot of chicken soup or stew beforehand. If we feel ok on Sunday, I've got the makings of a ham dinner available for our Easter meal. If we're under the weather from the shot, chicken soup should be a good substitute.

Popular Posts