Our Dinner Menu for February, Week 2

Hello, Dearies!

I hope all is well for you in your world!  I've got a menu plan to share, along with a couple of updates.  For one, this week we have planned for 8 days, to take us through next Monday.  I'm working Saturdays for the time being, so Sunday-Monday is the new weekend for us.  It seems to be easier to plan through the weekend, so we tacked on an extra day. 

Taco salad from the past week, a perennial favorite at our house.

We are also going back to the dinner menu being for the last meal of the day.  After trying lunch as the main meal, we've found the benefits are outweighed by the challenges.  It's an interruption of the day to stop and prepare a meal (rather than warming up leftovers or making something quick and simple), and we've lost that meal where all three of us sit down together.  I have slept better with lighter suppers, so I hope I can remember that when the food is delicious and I want to have a little more - better to wait! :)

Here is our plan for the week:

M.  sausage and eggs, toast, hash browns or skillet potatoes, spinach, oranges

T.  crispy tacos, sweet corn, fruit salad

W.  chicken curry with vegetables over rice, apples

R.  vegan chicken nuggets, homemade oven fries, raw vegetables and dip, oranges

F.  roast pumpkin soup, rustic whole grain croutons, apples

S.  spaghetti w/turkey meatballs and red sauce, green beans, fresh fruit

S.  roast whole chicken with herbs, stuffing, baked sweet potato, green bean casserole, apple crisp

M.  franks and beans over rice, fresh fruit

There was a little too much of the roast pumpkin soup to fit the
freezer containers, so I did a taste test...it's quite good!

Today I washed and prepared fresh vegetables - enough for today's pizza meal and more to get us through the week at meals and snacks.  I also made the roast pumpkin soup, and my husband made the croutons.  We were going to have biscuits with supper tomorrow, but the biscuits I made were a dismal failure.  I have a recipe for lower fat biscuits that we really like.  It has a little bit of butter, and then plain yogurt to make up the difference.  I've always made it with dairy yogurt, and it's always been great.  My husband got some (free!) yogurt made from coconut milk via an Ibotta deal, and I used that instead...the result was oddly dark-brown biscuits that are very, very bitter.  Hooray for toast! 

Depending on my energy level tomorrow, I may make some peanut butter muffins and some (imitation) crab salad that can be used for lunches and snacks.  I promise, I won't be putting coconut based yogurt in either of those, hee hee.

What's on the menu at your place?  Are you planning anything fancy for Valentine's day?  I guess we are not - franks and beans does not sound like a fancy meal, though it is good comfort food.

Comments

Gina said…
Hello! I found your blog from The Prudent Homemaker.

I love to see menu plans! It’s inspiring to see what other families are making. Sounds great AND pumpkin soup sounds delish! Do you have a recipe?

Have a great week!

Popular Posts