Mid-February Dinner Menu

It. is. so. cold, y'all.  Right now, it's -14.  Brrr!

With that in mind, we just want hot food.  It warms the house when we cook it, and it warms us up when we eat it.  

Instant ramen (lunch at work) with spice, egg and vegetable add-ins.


Here's the plan for this week, starting Tuesday, which is the first day of my work week.  It's pretty obvious from this plan that I cooked a chicken late in the previous week, and we're using up the extra chicken in several ways.  Here goes:

T.  chicken-onion-pepper quesadillas, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sweet corn, leftover apple crisp

W.  chicken soup (not sure exactly which one yet, but I have two library cookbooks with lots of inspiration - update, we're having chicken and dumplings), crackers, pears

R.  vegan chili with rice (no rice for me, but I'll add half a peanut butter sandwich - it's a thing from my childhood), oranges

F.  ramen with (possibly chicken, otherwise egg) and vegetables, fruit

S.  chicken pasta bowls, salad, fruit

S.  char siu lo mein with vegetables, fruit

M.  pizza, raw vegetables, apples

Roasted pumpkin soup.  I'm happy to report that it freezes well!


What about you?  What's the plan at your place?

Comments

Popular Posts