Meals for the week.

I am in 'use what is here' mode right now, mainly just to challenge myself.  I mean, we are setting back about half of our grocery budget every month, so it's not like I couldn't go out and buy 'whatever', but I like the idea of holding onto the money.  Plus, I have a friend whose parents raise cattle, so I'm doing two things - saving for some good beef and trying to make room in the freezer. 

Produce and fresh stuff-wise, we have asparagus coming in from our asparagus patch and green onions and chives from the herb garden.  From the store there are some apples, watermelon, zucchini, cabbage, leaf lettuce (a little), celery, onion, potatoes, carrots, radishes, cilantro, and an avocado.  The pantry and freezer are still full of variety, so I think we will be just fine.  I'm not going to bore you with breakfast or lunch plans, which is just another way of saying, 'I don't really have specific breakfast or lunch plans', lol.  Lunch is either leftovers or something simple, and I think I'll make some bran muffins or a coffee cake to round out some breakfasts.  And actually, I do have plans to make some breakfast sandwiches that Husband can warm up for a quick and easy breakfast - those are English muffins, lean ham, eggs and cheese.

Anyway, here are some things for supper:

grilled chicken, black bean/corn/tomato salad, rice

tacos made with leftovers from grilled chicken night, shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, radishes, etc.  guacamole with chips

petite sirloins on the grill, baked potatoes w/sour cream and chives, garden salad, grilled asparagus

turkey-vegetable soup, biscuits

spaghetti w/meat sauce, zucchini with onions

grilled teriyaki beef, rice, macaroni salad, kimchee, asparagus

turkey lo mein, bean sprout salad, kimchee

Grocery list:  tortilla chips, bean sprouts, leaf lettuce, a tomato

Comments

Popular Posts