This Week - Have a Peek!



This week was game night (we alternate between game night and movie night) and we played the Busytown Mysteries Board Game.  It is really fun, and we had a blast.

I've been crocheting a throw for our bedroom for a while now, and I think it is done.  It turned out...okay.  I don't have enough of either color to add fringe around the edge (I had thought I'd do dark fringe on the lighter edges and light fringe on the darker edges), and I really don't want to buy more yarn at this point.  I like that it's simple and un-fussy...but it seems kind of plain.  Maybe an edging?  I can think on it and look around a bit, then decide if I want to try something.  I do like how it brings out the colors of the comforter.  :)

I attended a church conference last Saturday, about an hour from home.  It was my first time attending, and I thought it was well done.  I met some very nice people and came away with some new ideas for working with youth and my duties with the stewardship committee. 

Later on Saturday, it was time for Happy Needles.  It was so nice to get together with everyone and just work on our projects.  I'm in awe of the amazing skills these ladies have.  I have a lot to learn!  My new project is a prayer shawl, and I'm making some progress already.  It's really colorful and reminds me of jelly beans.  I expect it to be for a young girl, based on the colors and the amount of yarn I have for it! :)


Sunday was church, and then Husband and I got all the backing up to drywall his workshop in the garage.  A good friend is going to put up the sheetrock, and then I'm going to try my hand at taping.  I've done a little bit of it before, so hopefully it will go well.

We're continuing with swim lessons and school, of course.  Husband's work schedule changed a bit, so I am re-working my housekeeping plan and Daughter's chore chart just a little bit.

Daughter is learning about classification in science.  We got out the modeling clay and made vertebrates and invertebrates.  When she started making Asian Water Dragon Cats and other such fantastical creatures, that's when I knew...time for Social Studies! hee hee.

















As weather permits we are preparing for spring. 


There will be some changes in this year's garden and chicken flocks - both are going to be much smaller than in previous years.  It will be time to breed rabbits soon too, and we will be getting a few ducklings short-term this spring as well.  All of that means there is some cleaning out, moving around and adjusting to do.  It will keep us busy, I'm sure.

These chickens are being sold:


These little fluffs will be our chicken flock now.




Ducklings will go here, once the weather warms up:


Oh, and the drywall is here!  Hooray!



Shared on:



Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks great -- I, too, love the colors of the shawl.

Thanks for sharing picture. What a stark reminder that even though we're on the same calendar date, we're in totally different seasons!

Sandra @Smart Food Storage
Cathy said…
I will admit that I am jealous of how your daughter learns things. It seems so much more interesting than being in a public school.

Do you ever rest? You seem to move from one project to the next with little down time. Are there ever days when you just want to sit around and do a bunch of nothing? Not that you CAN but do you want to?

I have always enjoyed reading about what you are doing and how much you are saving. Honestly, it never occured to me to save the juice from fruit for a fruit punch. So simple yet I never thought of it!

Laura said…
Absolutely, Sandra! It's funny, but whenever we talk to my parents or Husband's parents, one of the first things is 'what's your weather?'

Cathy, she techinically is in public school, just at home. I will share more about how that works soon. And...I do sit around sometimes, doing little or nothing. We all do, I think. :) Keep in mind that I'm in a season of life where I'm home a lot, and I also try to remember to take something with me (my Bible, my crochet, a book I'm reading) so that if I have to wait for someone or something like that, I can get a little bit done.

Have a great day, y'all!
Mary Ann said…
I am very curious as to how the schooling works!
Laura said…
Mary Ann, I am working on posting some info about virtual school - coming soon! :)

Popular Posts