This Week's Menu

I know...I know...everyone else posts menu plans on Monday.  I kinda decided I'd post mine on Wednesday this week, since I'd already posted goal stuff on Monday.  I'm still working on my schedule, such as it is.
We are currently working to decrease our pantry a bit, so I'm planning based on things we have on hand, but still supplementing with some fresh produce, milk, etc. I have $20 a week for groceries, toiletries and household items, but we are really well stocked, so that should be fine.  Also, we are setting aside another $20 a week for stocking whatever runs low in the future.

Here is this week's plan:

Breakfasts:
yogurt with homemade granola and frozen fruit
cold cereal with milk, fruit
'pumpkin' muffins (I'm actually using some leftover sweet potato - don't tell!), apple wedges and milk
oatmeal with raisins, applesauce and toasted pecans
breakfast tacos and oranges
(some will repeat)

Lunches:
supper leftovers when available
Portuguese bean soup with crackers
pbj on wheat, carrot sticks, applesauce
pork adobo, which I just made for the first time ever, so I'm still figuring out, rolled up in lettuce leaves with shredded carrots and cilantro

Snacks:
yogurt with homemade granola
orange wedges
crackers with summer sausage
pretzels with peanut butter
popcorn with apple wedges

Suppers:
breaded (baked) turkey cutlets, sweet potatoes, green beans, pan rolls, fresh pineapple
homemade cheese raviolis and meat sauce from the freezer, steamed broccoli, pan rolls, chocolate asphalt
smoky barbecue turkey on rolls, carrot and raisin salad, peach cobbler
homemade ham & cheese pockets, green salad, fresh apple slices
meatless taco salad, chips with salsa and guacamole, peach cobbler
hamburger curry with vegetables over rice, pears
biscuits and gravy, eggs to order, orange wedges
(We may be going out as a family one night, which will shift one of these meals to next week.)

Grocery List - 1 gallon milk and some fresh broccoli.  We have everything else (or the ingredients) on hand at home.  I will check the sales and stock whatever fresh fruits and vegetables are a bargain for the coming week. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Laura, this is Anne from Kentucky. Your meal plan sounds awesome! :)
Laura said…
Anne as in "Cousin Anne", or is this a different Anne in KY? Either way, welcome, and thanks! I was just working on next week's plan, and it's going to be yummy too...but I have got to quit buying yogurt on markdown, hee hee!

Popular Posts