Do You See What I See?

I went out to the barnyard a couple days ago, and I saw something.  Something that made me very happy!

Look at this picture.  Do you see it?
Photobucket

Here's some background.  The turkeys (we still haven't named them!) have settled in nicely.  There has been a lot of this going on:
Photobucket

My goodness, but he is a pretty boy, isn't he?
Photobucket

He seems to be a sweetie, too, if a bit confused.  He isn't aggressive toward any of us, but he does like to show off for our (his?) hen turkey, the chickens, us, the dog....

But what I am so happy about...and what you might have missed in the first photo, is this:
Photobucket

All of her feathers are black or white.  None of them are brown, so...it appears that our breeding pair is actually making efforts toward....well....breeding!  We are one step closer to home-raised turkey poults, and that is very good news!

Spring is in the air,
-Laura at TenThingsFarm

Comments

Carolyn said…
Beautiful turkeys! What breed are they?
Laura said…
Thanks, Carolyn! They are Royal Palms. We have had them for a little less than two months, so they are still getting used to us. :)

Popular Posts