Aaack! Crazy Week!

Hi, Friends!  This week has definitely had it's ups and downs.  Some of them were temperature - yesterday it was 60, this morning, 22.  Between those two temps were 50+mph sustained winds that delivered us a bit of snow as well.  I don't sleep well when the winds blow that long and hard, so that's probably what I'm whining about.  Spring is unpredictable here, that's for certain. 

Hubby has been working hard when the weather is not too rough.  He has been clearing a few trees out back.  One was dead.  Some are just in the way.  More on that soon!

I've been tidying - in the freezer!  See, I bought a couple of  rather large turkeys when the sales were good at Thanksgiving.  A family of three just can't do much damage to a 18 pound turkey, so I partially thawed them, sawed them into parts and wrapped and froze most of those parts.  Now they are in more manageable pieces for our family and much easier to use.  I also took the backs, necks, etc. and canned some cubed turkey for quick and easy meals.  It's so handy to open a jar of cooked, seasoned turkey for a rice dish, enchiladas, a quick soup or something similar.  I'm still making broth, and will be canning or freezing that soon too. 

We are all eager for springtime to really stick.  The now is a blessing because it's moisture, but I've heard that rain is nice too!

How are things in your neck of the woods?  What are you up to this week?  Leave me a note and tell me what's happenin'!  Me, I'm just trying to get the next installment of my gardening posts written.  Stay tuned!

Have a great one!
-Laura at TenThingsFarm

Comments

Popular Posts