Pretty, Not Pricey

I like to set a nice table now and then, don't you? With limited storage and funds, I decided to look for pretty glass serving pieces at thrift stores and yard sales. They are super affordable, really pretty, and they can be dressed up or dressed down. They look just as nice with our everyday, nearly 20 year old Corelle as they do with our pretty transferware that we use for special occasions.

Photobucket

They dress up cookies for book club or home-canned pickles and dilly beans at supper, and they really look good together, even though they are from several different patterns. Keep an eye out, and before you know it, you just might fall in love with crystal patterned glass too!

Do you collect things that you also use day-to-day, or for special occasions? Leave a comment - I'd love to hear about it!

Comments

Our Spin Cycle said…
Your local thrift stores are much more 'generous' in their bargain pricing than ours is! Heehee!

But, I seem to be on a stoneware kick. I used to be all about crystal ~ perhaps this farm life is turning me into a rugged little thing?! Heehee!

PS: I made mention of you in my blog entry yesterday. Heehee! I just couldn't resist.
Laura said…
Well...we were in our favorite thrift store today, and actually, they are all over the place with their pricing. I saw a pretty bowl for $14.99....eep! You have to be on the lookout all the time to catch those 59-cent deals!

Popular Posts