Missing out on the S.A.H.

As you probably know, I am a SAHM - a Stay At Home Mom. This past week, I felt more like a RAESDM - a Run Around Every Single Day Mom.

Last Weekend - Helped a friend move, ran errands, went to 'the city' and 'the town'. Busy, busy.

Monday - I was asked to sub at the library - which I love doing, by the way. Since it was a day that Hubby was home to be with Little Bit, I did that.

Tuesday - We went to the feed store and the grocery store to do some piddling errands. Nothing super urgent (though we were awfully low on chicken feed), but time away from home, all the same.

Wednesday? First meeting of the Homeschool Families group at the library.

Thursday - Storytime at the library. Run by the bank. Run by the mini post office. Run by the neighbor's house.

Friday - Work day for quilt group. The ministry that houses quilt group is moving to a new (to them) building, and we had to go through the fabric, sort it, plan for it, etc. We were in 'the city', but didn't do any other errands, other than a quick stop at the bread store. (Lately, my homemade hamburger and hot dog buns have not been very pretty.)

None of these were long times away from home, but I guess I'm just used to being home all day a lot more than I was this week. I'm not accustomed to all this dashing about, and would much rather be home doing what needs to be done. You know...fun stuff like laundry, and dusting...and homeschool activities, and baking bread.

So guess what I'm doing today? Laundry. Dusting. Homeschool activities (though we did several during the week as well), and baking bread. I would also love to sew, maybe crochet a little, read more of my book, and listen to a show or two on the radio. If there's time, I may even start thinking about going through the seeds for the garden.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to staying home, and enjoying the SAH portion of being a SAHM. (Unless something comes up. You know how it goes, yes?)

What about you? Are you happy at home, or are you more outgoing and on-the-go? What are you doing this weekend?

Sippin' cooca at the kitchen table,
-Laura at TenThingsFarm

Comments

Laurie and Bill said…
Well, I work full-time, so I guess you could say I'm more of a 'run around' kind of person - OR maybe not. Because once I arrive at work I sit at a desk all day (I'm a secretary).

I'd rather be home doing things at home, but my son is grown, he's attended college, and my working really helps make ends meet as he doesn't get any financial aid to attend college.

When my son was younger, I was a SAH and loved every.single.moment. of it!

So, I guess I'd like to be SAH, but I'm more of a RAESD person for now.
Anonymous said…
Oh, I am definitely the SAH type. I hate running errands, and strive to make that only once, MAYBE twice per week, if I can swing it.

Part of the reason for this is that I just know my limitations, and stress out too much if I am too busy. Not enough fortitude for it all I guess. :)
Laura said…
I guess we are made differently - homebodies and butterflies - because as uncomfortable as I get out and about all the time, I know others get antsy being home all the time!

Kristi, did you find that homeschooling activities and events kept you out running sometimes? Just wondering. :)

Popular Posts