Dear Fiddle Mama,

This is embarrassing. Somewhere I have your email address, but I can't find it. I looked on your blog, but I didn't see a 'contact me' sort of a button. I'm rather technologically challenged sometimes. Sorry.

I was looking through one of my cookbooks and I found a recipe for a gluten free baking mix, and one of my (two) brain cells yelled, "Hey! Wasn't Fiddle Mama looking for a homemade gluten-free baking mix?"

So, dear friend, if you are still looking for a recipe, this one is from Natural Meals in Minutes by Rita Bingham.

Rita's Gluten-Free Baking Mix

3 c. brown rice flour
1 c. tapioca flour
2/3 c. corn flour
2 t. xanthan gum
1 1/2 c. potato starch flour
1 c. pinto bean flour
1/2 c. teff flour

For those with wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, this gluten-free (GF) flour mixture can be mixed in advance and used in place of wheat flour in most baked goods. Adding extra protein in the form of eggs or beaten egg whites helps produce a lighter product.


I have never tried it (I actually add gluten to stuff to make it springy and light), so I can't tell you that it's good or bad - just that it is. And if you were still looking for a mix, I hope this is a good one!

Have a lovely day, Dearie!

Hugs,
-Laura at TenThingsFarm

Comments

Tara said…
Hee hee! You're cute! Thanks very much, my friend. I will be trying this out and posting on it. I will definitely work on adding a little contact me thingie doodad. It's just fiddlemama at gmail dot com

Love from Tara :)

P.S. Are you on Facebook?

Popular Posts