Menu Plan Monday - Less Meat, More Fiber!

Thanks to Laura at orgjunkie.com for hosting menu plan Mondays!

Hello, Dearies!

Last week I was more 'loose' with the plan - I didn't choose the days, and I just made a 'things I could make this week' sort of list. It worked really well!

This week I planned the menu by looking in the fridge and the pantry. You'll notice that there is less meat and we are getting more fiber by having whole grains and beans at several meals. Also, tonight I made two loaves of bread and a small pan of cinnamon rolls (I am eating one right now, and it's so good!) The dough is whole grain (wheat and oat), so the fiber and nutrients are all still there. If you were here, I'd share - promise!

OK, here is the plan. Hubby is on 'early nights' so lunch will be our main meal each day.

Breakfasts:
We have lots of grapes, oranges and grapefruits on hand, plus we have peaches, strawberries and pineapple in the freezer, so we can choose any of those to go with:
oatmeal
cinnamon rolls
cereal
peanut butter on whole wheat toast
zucchini bread
bagels w/cream cheese
...and we have milk, juice and water to drink.

Lunches:

chili-cheese baked potatoes, oranges
barbecue chicken, 3-bean salad, scalloped potatoes, pineapple
eggs, whole wheat toast, hash browns, grapefruit
homemade tomato soup, grilled cheese on whole wheat, apples
garden salad with warm chicken, whole wheat pasta marinara, grapes
nachos made with beans and soy 'meat', lettuce, tomatoes, etc., strawberry lime smoothies
bbq chicken pizza, vegetable sticks, 3-bean salad, grapes

Suppers:
Mostly, suppers are leftovers from previous days. I'm also making some hummus, and I'm going to try my luck with whole grain pitas to make into pita chips.

Snacks:
popcorn, string cheese, yogurt, pretzels, dried fruit, fruit smoothie pops, ants on a log (peanut butter, celery, raisins), fresh fruit.

Now, if I can just stay away from the cinnamon rolls until morning....

Comments

I like this way of planning. It would feel far more natural to me to have some flexibility.

(Not that I don't switch ours around if the urge should hit...lol)
Ali said…
Sounds great, gives me some good ideas, thanks! And I have made pita chips from whole wheat pitas, they turned out terrific for me. Good luck!

Popular Posts