In the Bedroom

We are readers. Bookworms. Bibliophiles. There are bookshelves in every room of the house - well, not the bathrooms, but all the rest of them, and several in the basement too. Books on the tables, books in baskets, usually a book or two on the couch, and our night tables - books galore!

So while I'm doing this whole Organized Christmas thing and going through each room doing my cleaning and decluttering, I got the idea that wall sconces might be cool in the bedroom. You know, one on either side of the bed? The layout of the room is such that there's only one wall where the bed will fit, so it wouldn't really lock us into anything we aren't already locked into as far as room arrangement is concerned, and it would be one less thing on each night table - more room for books! Yay!

The hard part (if we were to get so far as to decide that we were doing this) would be choosing the ones that are right for us. I love that there are so many different styles to choose from, because we all have our preferences! We like traditional things, and I like country, but not frilly country, and nothing too girly. Something classic. As much as I love stained glass, these would be for reading, so they need to give good, clear light. I guess a stained glass shade that was open at the bottom could work then, yes?

So...what style do you like best...and what do you think might work for me? Help! Please? (and thank you)

Comments

Unknown said…
http://www.csnlighting.com/Kichler-4525OB-KI7380.html This is what I like. I think it might fit what you are looking for too.

Popular Posts