Country Girl

We were in Goodwill today, looking around. They had one of those little screw-on chick feeders that goes on a quart jar.

Little Bit was playing 'feed the chickies' with it in the aisle whilst I was looking at kitchen stuff. A lady said, "Oh, are you feeding your chicks? What kind are they?"

Little Bit: "They are little yellow chicks. When they grow up they're meat birds. Then we have chickens in the freezer."

eep.

Two aisles over, there is a cute little wall plaque with a bluebird and a worm on it, and the words 'Best Friends'.

Little Bit asks me, "What does that say, mama?", so I tell her. She replies, "No it doesn't. What does it say?" I repeat that it says 'Best Friends', and she tells me (and anyone who is listening) that "Birds EAT worms, so if they are friends, that worm is going to get eaten up!" So I ask her what she thinks it says and she replies,

"Be still little worm, I'm hungry!"

Laughter breaks out in several locations. Sigh...

Comments

Laurie and Bill said…
How cute! She is a bright girl and knows a lot about nature! LOL!
cfosterart said…
Oh my! I almost choked on my iced tea with that worm comment! I had a good belly laugh with that one. Little Bit comes up with the cutest things!
mentalutopia said…
In the movie The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, Elmo is being chased by a giant chicken who thinks Elmo is a worm. The chicken tells Elmo to, "Hold still, like a piece of corn!"
Toni said…
Hahahaha! That's adorable.
Laughter even breaks out in Utah. Clever girl.

Popular Posts