I'm a Grandma!

OK...not exactly. But remember those fishing worms that we had, and put into a little container so we could 'raise' them? They had babies - lots and lots and lots of babies!!

I can't even photograph them yet. They look like this: (
Isn't that the cutest pretend worm you've ever seen? OK. Sorry.

I think we should make them a bigger home, but I'm almost afraid to upset some sort of balance they have in their current home. Does anyone know about raising teeny tiny worms into actual earthworms? I'm feeding them and keeping the bedding moist, and so far, so good.

I have visions of sprinkling this soil into the garden in late spring and having them all grow into big healthy worms. YAY!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooh....I feel a tutorial coming on (once you learn how to raise your baby worms, that is). I've been wanting to learn vermicomposting for so long, but don't feel like figuring out where to get worms.....maybe I'll just raise my own! Well, that is when you tell me how....LOL

He he, I am learning so much from you!
homesteph said…
Did you really start with a little tub of baitworms? I'm looking forward to your tutorial as well!

Popular Posts