Rain!

Oh, my goodness. We got an INCH of rain last night! It was GLORIOUS! We have had very little rain this season, so we couldn't be happier. There's a chance we might get more rain tonight, too. Squeeeeee!!!!

It's funny, but the garden looks like it grew overnight! Everything seems taller. I am just really happy and thankful. Rain. Woot woot WOOT!

We'll be working around the house today, lots of little things to do. I'm bringing up jars from the cellar to try a 'tropical jam' recipe I got from a wonderful woman named Gayle. It has bananas, maraschino cherries and peaches. Lots of rave reviews, too - I'll let you know how it goes!

If it's nice in the afternoon I'm going to cut some firewood and work on a couple of outside projects. If it's raining, I'll be perfectly happy to do some indoor things.

I think I want to make some corn meal mush. Mom used to make it when we were kids. She'd cook the mush, put it in a loaf pan and then after it was cold, she'd slice it and fry it. Sometimes we ate it as a side with eggs and such, sometimes with syrup. I made cornbread the other day and I ground up some extra corn meal, so I just might give this a go.

Off to do some housework and chores!

Comments

Popular Posts