Wii are having so much fun!

Remember when I posted a while back about getting a Wii game console? I managed to procure a Wii Fit as well. We don't have tons of time for it, but it has been a lot of fun. We play nearly every day! For nearly all the games and activities, you use the Fit Board. It helps you improve balance, rhythm, form, speed...it's cool, and FUN!

There are aerobic games - hula hooping, step aerobics, running and boxing. There's a whole yoga section, strength training, and then there are the balance games. They are a riot!

When you play games on a Wii, you create a 'Mii'. This is my Mii, in a penguin suit, getting ready to slide on the ice and eat fish for points in one of the balance games:
Photobucket

I am so glad we got the Wii. It's fun, it's really interactive, and with the Wii Fit, you set goals for weight loss or gain, plus it tracks your progress via a 'body test' that checks your center of balance, weight, and your 'fit age'. I'm 42, but coming in a little younger (mid-30's - woot!), and it's all really fun. I lost 3 lb. the first two weeks, too!

I think this WAS a good purchase for our family. We enjoy it a lot, but no one is 'addicted' (hey, you can only do so much boxing or step aerobics before you need a break!), and we generally play as a family. A good time is had by all!

Comments

Toni said…
I loved playing the Wii when I got a chance. I'd love a Wii and Wii Fit, I think I could rock it out with that thing!
I still haven't got the Wii Fit yet, still trying to find one....

Gill
Laura said…
Well, Toni, if you lived here....hee hee. The Fit is a LOT of fun, no doubt! Also, I've been using it 3 weeks, and my balance is improving. It's fun - play - but it's beneficial too. I don't have tons of time for it, but it's a nice little thing to relax now and then. I don't really watch TV or anything, so this is my 'down time'.

Gill, we found the Wii at Radio Shack, and the Wii Fit at Game Crazy. The places that 'everyone' thinks of (Toys R Us, Walmart, Target) didn't have stock of either component when I was looking. Of course, right after I found the Wii Fit and brought it home, the Walmart right by my house had FIVE of them! I was a little bummed, because sales tax is less out here, but really, it's all good!

Popular Posts