What a Catch!

Hubby's birthday was this weekend, so we headed up into the mountains with our worms and fishing gear.

What a beautiful place!
Photobucket

Once we found our spot, it was not too long before we had our first trout. Giants by NO means, they were perfect single serving size.
Photobucket

Then, another!
Photobucket

We ended up with three - papa fish, mama fish, and baby fish!
Photobucket

It was just enough for one dinner. We cooked them on the grill (with an herb blend) and served them with seasoned noodles and peas from our garden. We had a lot of fun, and we plan to go again in a couple weeks. And next time, I will be more careful. In the excitement, I put sunscreen on my arms, but not my face. The pink is fading now, but my skin is still a bit sore! Everyone else was fully sunscreened (and it shows!), so lesson learned.

Comments

Popular Posts