Monday, May 12, 2008

Menu Monday!

Here's what we're having for lunch this week, not necessarily in this order:

Whole wheat biscuits, sausage gravy, eggs, hash browns, orange juice
Grilled chicken salads, rolls, leftover strawberry cake from M. Day
Beef Broccoli, crispy noodles, pineapple
Pizza, veggie sticks w/dip, nectarine sorbet
Chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese
Crabcakes, slaw, brown rice, peach cobbler
Ricotta stuffed shells, green beans, rolls

Once the kidlet is in bed tonight, I'm going to do a few days prep - wash and cut broccoli, make a big bowl of salad greens, make the pizza dough and put it in the fridge, that sort of thing. I don't have to make noodles for the chicken soup - I have some from last time we made them, so this week won't require a whole lot of kitchen time, even though most everything is from scratch!

What are you having this week?

4 comments:

Toni Toni Toni said...

That sounds delicious!! I'm going to start menu planning after I get back to the States!

tenthingsfarm said...

Toni, it saves SO much time and money! I check the fridge and freezer for 'stuff that needs using'. Also, once you've done it for 4-6 weeks, you can look back at the old menus for ideas!

mentalutopia said...

Do you make your biscuits with 100% whole wheat flour? If so, would you mind sharing your recipe either in a blog post or on PH?

tenthingsfarm said...

I don't do 100% whole wheat. At this altitude, I think I'd end up with bricks! Even all-white biscuits are a bit of a challenge here. I'll try to tweak mine a bit, and do a biscuit post some time, ok? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails